Theatre Newfoundland Labrador is seeking applicants for the position of PRODUCTION MANAGER/ TECHNICAL DIRECTOR to lead our production department for the Gros Morne Theatre Festival’s 2017 season.
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. Each season the Festival produces seven productions – three mainstage shows, three second stage shows, and a concert reading. The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Theatre Newfoundland Labrador is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and is designated as a “G” House.
Contract Dates (tentative):
part time (hours to be determined) (not in residence), February 1 to April 2, 2017 or February 1 to April 30, 2017 (to be negotiated)
full time (in residence), April 3 to September 3, 2017 or May 1 to September 3, 2017 (to be negotiated)
to commensurate with experience
at least 5 years of relevant theatre experience
- experience in repertory theatre is an asset
- experience in production scheduling/planning/staffing
- experience in estimating/costing theatre designs
- experience in planning/execution of theatre builds, meeting deadlines
- a background in theatre carpentry is an asset
- a background in basic theatre rigging is an asset
- a valid driver’s license is required
- must enjoy working in a challenging creative environment
The Festival provides return travel (by the most economical method) for contracted company members.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and damage deposit applies.
For further information, or a copy of the job description, please contact Denise Dolliver at email@example.com.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Denise Dolliver at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for resume submission is January 6, 2017.